Monday, February 7, 2011

Fasicia Pain

Today, I am dealing with fasicia pain around my knees and in my hands. For the record, "fasicia" is the connective tissue that surrounds your muscles, nerves and blood vessels. They are all over your body and they connect your "parts" together. Fasicia pain is extremely common for those of us with Fibromyalgia.

You know that spots where you thighs become you knees and you knees become your calves? That is where I hurt. It doesn't matter if my knee is extended or not, it still hurts. And, up the back of my knee hurts as well. I used a heating pad earlier today and that didn't help. It might have, but I couldn't find a position comfortable enough to stay in for more than a few minutes. If I was able to get comfy and stay still for 15 or 30 minutes, the heat might help.

The pain in my hands is in the "webbing" of my fingers. Webbing is the only term I can think of that describes where I hurt. My fingers aren't actually webbed though! Thank God for that.  I am referring to the area of my hands between my fingers and where my fingers connect to my hands. Pinch that little area there and that is where I hurt.

Truthfully, that isn't a very big area of the human body to hurt. Remember that size doesn't matter! It amazes me how much I use those spots. It is impossible to move your hands without moving the "webbing." The pain is intense. Typing is not easy. Holding onto anything is painful. Especially little things - like a fork or pen.

I'm going to "play spider" in the sink.  That is what I call it when I fill the sink up with warm (almost hot water) and "walk" my fingers around  in it. Sometimes the warm water and the exercise helps with the pain. It is worth a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment